In response to this incident Le Balkan and Branta-Tours are asking for assistance from the government, donors and the general public in implementing the following actions.
1. The construction of a boundary fence that will deny access to the Breeding site to land based predators.
2. The construction of wooden pile-platforms two-meter high to attract the pelicans to nest on them and to avoid the disturbance by terrestrial predators.
3. The location of a discreet hide at an environmentally sympathetic distance to be staffed by both paid and volunteer workers who will guard the sites during the breeding season thereby ensuring the safety of future egg clutches and guaranteeing successful fledging.
This will be done at a time sensitive to the bird colonies breeding activities with as little impact as possible on the wildlife.
Here are some of the ways in which you can help;
1. Make a direct donation to Le Balkan-Bulgaria Foundation.
2. Book a birding trip with Branta-Tours. 20% of the cost of the trip goes directly towards our conservation activities.
For more information please contact us: email@example.com